Monday, January 19, 2015

Ride the Lightning!

                                         

So Its 2015 and we have a whole new Masters packet. I for one and excited for this new format. I spent the last week or so looking through the packet and comparing casters with scenarios. I also took a look at the new "Active Duty Roster". I must say I liked the casters there where listed there. But then again I am known for favoring unpopular casters. I guess its my abstract thought process. 
Anyway I figured what better way to get into this new year than to dust of a faction that I have owned models for, for years and never actually got around to playing. 

So with a couple of recent purchases and dipping into my merc bag of goodies, I decided that my first 'caster of the year  is going to be Prime Nemo. Now many don't consider him a very competitive caster for a long time. With the advent of his new character 'Jack Dynamo he is getting a bit more love. 

pNemo offers a variety of options with his spell list that can make Cygnar infantry have some longevity as well as give them some necessary boosts, as well as he is able to support a large battlegroup to me he is a nice well rounded caster that can get the job done. 

So here is the list...

Commander Adept Nemo - WJ: +6
- Squire
- Centurion - PC: 9
- Dynamo - PC: 10
- Thunderhead - PC: 12

Stormsmith Stormcaller - PC: 1
Stormsmith Stormcaller - PC: 1
Stormsmith Stormcaller - PC: 1
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 2
Gun Mage Captain Adept - PC: 2

Tactical Arcanist Corps - Leader & 2 Grunts: 4
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard Bearer 3
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyanna & Master Holt: 4


Now as we look at my list, I'm sure you are thinking...WTF?! Well I am known for SUSS lists but when it comes to competitive play I very much think from left field. So here is the break down...

In Nemo's Battle group we have a Squire(for that nice focus bank) Dynamo, Centurion, and Thunderhead. 
When you look at just the battlegroup that is an awefully tall order to fill. However think on this, with Nemo's innate abilities he can get up to 9-10 focus a turn. That is more than enough to not only fuel himself but this hefty battlegroup.  
So lets take a look at each jack and what they can do for Nemo. 
-The Centurion is basically your objective grabber. You can run him up and throw up his shield and he can sit on an onjective or contest a zone with little worry about him getting too messed up. If there is a worry tag Strange ways with him to keep him having focus and repaired. 
-Dynamo, I'll refrain from any and all running man references here, Dynamo has alot of really amazing bonuses just on his own and having him with Nemo is even better. This jack has Multi-Fire with an added bonus of Chain Reaction which yes effects his ranged attacks as well! So you are taking a base POW 12 gun and by the fourth shot doing a POW17 that is boostable. That's enough to make anyone unhapppy who is on the receiving end. Plus he has decent stats that will also be boosted by Nemo.
-The Thunderhead, now this guy has kind of fallen out of favor with alot of people in favor of the Stormwall. I however have had far more luck clearing infantry with Thunderhead than I have with Stormwall as his pulse does not require and actual target. But this may just be my flavor vs. someone else.

On to our lovely Infantry.

Now when I chose infantry I needed them to be able to handle multiple roles. I needed them to be reasonably fast, high like a freight train and have a range threat that people have to think about. So Naturally Stormblades  fit the bill. With throwing in their Captain Solo in the mix givent them relentless charge I see a solid brick that will take some effort to displace. 

I also included Lady A and Holt to contest zones if needed as well as Lady A's Kiss help improve the Stormblades hitting power. She is often and auto include in many of my lists because she may not come into play all the time but when you need her you need her. Holt bringing his two guns to the fight isn't bad either.

The TAC is there to simply ensure Nemo gets his extra focus for a friendly model casting a spell in his control area. Yes if you didn't know their little smoke rings they throw out are a magical ability as they are listed under their Magic Abilities.  So they feed Nemo that one necessary focus each turn and great a nice smoke screen to help keep Nemo alive.

Throwing in the Storm Callers was a no brainer anyone that can so a simple skill check and do a Pow 10 damage role is great for taking out enemy solos and UAs. While these guys aren't known for living very long on the battlefield they often live just long enough to annoy the crap out of your opponent.

Lastly I added the Gun Mage Captain. He can ignore stealth and has brutal damage. This was more of a point filler with the "in case I need it" options. 

So there you have it. This is how I am starting off 2015. I have already started painting this list and I will write another article on the project itself.  Stay tuned folks They say lightning doesn't strike the same place twice..well lets see if we can prove that wrong!





No comments:

Post a Comment